Thursday, October 26, 2006

5 sweet things to eat before you die


I am no foodie blogger, but I do love to eat, that's for sure. In fact, I have lots of favorites, and I am just as enticed as my good friend Pasion to make a v-e-r-y short list of foods that are truly worth trying. This is actually part of Melissa's project to create a list of "top picks for things you've eaten and think that everyone should eat at least once before they die." It started last August, and I'm doing mine only now...hope not too late!

So, since I am a sweet person (wink) and definitely have a sweet tooth, I am posting here five SWEET things which I recommend for you to try munching on while you can.

Here's my list.

  1. Haagen-dazs ice cream MACADAMIA NUT flavor -- I'm really crazy over this sweet thing, it doesn't matter if it's pricey here in Tokyo, and it doesn't matter too whatever the season is (I crave for it even during winter), I have it at least twice a week. I also don't care how much calories it contains, we only live once, and I make sure I get lots of this precious ice cream. Maybe, when I go back to Pinas, it will be cheaper there. nyahaha!

  2. Philippines' sweet banana -- back home, we have a constant supply of banana of almost all varieties, most of the time FREE. But here in Japan, we have to buy it. Banana is a constant sight on our dining table, it is as if the meal is not complete without it. You may want to add to this other sweet tropical fruits that my country boasts of: sweet pineapple, papaya, to name a few.

  3. Sweet spaghetti, Filipino style -- the one from Jollibee is already okay for me, but it's even yummier when home-cooked, especially so when UFC banana catsup is used for the sauce. If I get tired of the red sauce, though, I alternate on CARBONARA. I especially like its white creamy sauce with lots of flavorful bacon slices.


  4. The last two are my fave here in Japan -- they are considered sweet but only in moderation compared with other places.

  5. Tamago (egg) sushi -- I like sushi (and sashimi) a lot, and Japan's sweet tamago is best for my rumbling tummy.

  6. chocolate -- I particularly like Meiji's macadamia nut and almond chocolate. Really good while watching a horror movie. ;)
Try any or all of these, and I'm pretty sure you'll wear a sweet smile on your face.

Happy eating!

http://www.websmileys.com/

4 Comments:

  • At 10/28/2006 10:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! I envy you so much. I've always dreamed of going to Japan.

    I should taste that haagen-daz Macadamia Nut so I can die soon :)

     
  • At 10/30/2006 12:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sweet tooth ka talaga, gina! :)

     
  • At 11/01/2006 03:54:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    hi ferdz. mabubutas muna ang bulsa mo sa kakabili ng haagen dazs bago ka mamatay hehehe ;)

    hi aloi. yeah... very sweet... ;)

     
  • At 11/02/2006 02:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ma'am gina, tindi naman ng lists mo. i think and i believe mamatay na ko hindi ko pa sila makakain. first and foremost, i'v etried Haagen-dazs ice cream once and never even tried eating one again. di ko type. weird ko ba? mas gusto ko pa regular ice cream. second,i hate sushi, and any Jap food for that matter...so what does it say about me? hehe. actually, i like and love everything about Japan, except the food. wah. i've eaten banana, i adore our spaghetti and i like eating Meiji's chocolate! so yun...pwede na siguro akong mamatay!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home