Monday, May 15, 2006

Silent on Mom's day?


Yep, I didn't post anything here about the mom's big day on earth. I am a mother myself so I could have easily composed a post about this. But you see, words fail me this time. Few days before Mother's Day, I was already thinking of something to write about this occasion. Thoughts propped up like how is it like to be mom, profile of some sort of well known moms, or even talk about my own experience as a first time mom. I also thought of writing another letter to my mom, thinking that my first letter reached her. BUT, noticeably, I wasn't able to make up my mind...or, didn't really have that precious time to write.

"Better late than never," so goes the famous adage, so I want to make up for it.

There is one story that I have heard long ago about a mother's love and sacrifice for her son that she'd do anything just so for her infant son to live. Taken from 1 Kings 3:16-28 of the Holy Bible, the story started with two women who came before King Solomon both adamantly claiming as the mother of an infant. Each gave birth to a son but the other's baby died afterwards, and thought of a clever plan to switch her dead baby to the living one. But instinct tells the real mother that the living baby is hers.

King Solomon, wisely knowing maternal instincts, ordered that the living child be cut into two so that both could have the baby. The real mother pleaded not to kill the baby and conceded to give the baby to the other woman. But the pretending woman was firm in saying, "Neither of us will have the baby, so him cut into two." Right away, the king ordered to give the living baby to the first woman for "she is the rightful mother."

Great story, isn't it? A mother will not hesitate nor think twice to do anything for her child/children. A mother's love can not be equalled. A person may be outcasted by the society because of his wrongdoings, but his mom will still be there to love and protect him.

That is a mom.

http://www.websmileys.com/

3 Comments:

  • At 5/24/2006 10:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi sis.. belated happy mother's day. d2 binagyo kami last mother's day.. wla kuryente for 2 days.. ngayon ok na.i like your bible story... but would like to hear some of your reflections etc. on your own experiences as a mom.. lea

     
  • At 5/25/2006 10:36:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    hi sis. naku, wawa naman pala kayo dyan. but good to know you're all doing ok there despite bagyo at kuryente-less.

    refelctions? ah, medyo cluttered pa ang mind ko to put everything in this blog. pero promise, one of these days, i'll surely do that ;)

     
  • At 5/25/2006 11:06:00 PM, Blogger ancient clown said…

    I chose to honour Mothers In Silence as well.
    your humble servant,
    Ancient Clown

     

Post a Comment

<< Home