Friday, March 17, 2006

I miss my mom


It's mama's birthday today. If she's still here with us, she'd probaby enjoy this day with her favorite spaghetti and coke. But she had already left us almost fours years ago. I am pretty sure that wherever she is right now, she's enjoying her unending days with her Creator.

Mama did not see me advance into motherhood. How I wish she did. She'd probably feel happy and proud for us at how our family has grown. She now has eight grandchildren, but she was able to hug only three of them. She also didn't get to see our new house. She had always dreamed before of making rounds of vacation among us her children. I also intended to ask her (and papa) to stay with us then, but our house was built too late for that.

I miss Mama so much. At times when I'm faced with so many problems and don't know what to do anymore, how I'd wish I could count on her advice. When taking care of my little boy becomes difficult, how I'd wish she'd tell me what to do best. I also miss her stories. Everytime I go home to visit them in the province, she'd tell me some tsismis.

Funny side of her was everytime I asked her if she had some money, she always answered "no" so I would give her some. Mama (and papa too) brought us up with the attitude to save for the future. And I imbibe that to the fullest. Any extras go directly to the savings account. I (together with my husband) intend to pass on this good attitude to my son. In fact, we have already gotten him a savings account of his own. All monetary gifts are kept safe in that account.

Mama, wherever you are now, I know you are happy for all of us. Time will come when we will see each other again. See you then...

http://www.websmileys.com/

4 Comments:

  • At 3/17/2006 12:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi sis.. i really like your piece on your mom.. ako din i really appreciate my mom more now that am a mommy na rin.. she loves her apos.. tapos lolang lola na sya.. but still ever the bagets.. she still buys me some small gifts and still the bagets and fashionista..

     
  • At 3/17/2006 12:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi sis.. i resolve to spend more time and appreciate my mom more.. while she is still around. god bles you sis. thanks a lot din .. lea

     
  • At 3/17/2006 05:37:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    hi lea, yup tama yan. enjoy your closeness wiht your mom while you can. mahirap mawalan ng mom

     
  • At 3/21/2006 03:11:00 PM, Blogger arvindh said…

    Very touching!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home