Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Chicken-and-Rice Recipe



Sometimes, I get tired of the usual dish I serve on the dining table. So, for a change, I tried this chicken-and-rice dinner recipe from Campbell's Kitchen. It is easy to prepare and cook; all you need is 15 minutes and presto, you already have your sumptuous dinner.




Ingredients:

1 tbsp. vegetable oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup OR 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups uncooked instant white rice*
2 cups fresh OR frozen broccoli flowerets


Directions:

1. HEAT oil in skillet. Cook chicken 10 min. or until browned. Remove chicken.
2. ADD soup, water, paprika and pepper. Heat to a boil.
3. STIR in rice and broccoli. Return chicken to pan. Sprinkle additional paprika and pepper over chicken. Cover and cook on low heat 5 min. or until chicken is done.

TIP: *For creamier dish, use 1 1/2 cups rice.

I modified this recipe, though. Here's my version:

1. I first boiled the chicken (pre-cut into bite sizes) to ensure they are well-cooked. I've also added a teaspoon of Japanese sake to make the chicken flavorful.
2. I used the chicken stock (from boiling) instead of plain water.
3. I didn't put in paprika (because I don't have one in my cupboard).
4. Instead of instant rice, I used steamed rice left over from today's lunch.
5. I used pumpkin instead of broccoli. The latter doesn't appeal to my son's palate. I put the bite-sized pumpkin slices in the pan first before the rice. (tip: intermittently peel the pumpkin and bevel its edges so as to avoid scorching)
6. And oh, I used butter in place of vegetable oil.

That's it. Easy ... and heavy! ;)

Chow!

Labels:


http://www.websmileys.com/

2 Comments:

  • At 2/06/2007 01:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow. mukhang masarap ah. patikim.

     
  • At 2/07/2007 04:19:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    masarap talaga sya ... promise! hehehe
    good for 4 yung niluto ko pero dalawang subo lang ang natira sa kawali pagkatapos naming kumain. pati aking bulilit ay madaming nakain. hayaan mo, ipagluluto kita pagdating namin dyan. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home