Monday, December 18, 2006

Are your photos stolen?


My friend, Pasion, is ranting furiously soon as she found out that one of her blog photos is being used by another site without her permission, nor citing the source. Well, who wouldn't be mad at this? I would feel the same, had it happened to me.

Ah, I hope it wouldn't happen to me, or to you. I know I haven't posted so much photos here (and are not so good, for I am not a pro at taking photos), but I am not discounting the possibility that my work may be stolen by others. This makes me re-think of my creative commons license, which is by the way, sitting permanently down at my sidebar since I started this blog, should you not notice it.

Just to over-emphasize it, all images in this blog (or the entire blog itself) are protected by a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. This simply means:

Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.
Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

I, too, have used images from other sources and surely, they have been cited properly. So, I hope others would do the same. It's alright to share and use other's work so long as you give credit where it is due.

http://www.websmileys.com/

2 Comments:

  • At 12/20/2006 09:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi gina, thanks for blogging about this. til now, nothing has been done ...

     
  • At 12/29/2006 02:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    badtrip nga talaga yang mga ganyang kaso tapos ginamit pa yung crab picture for commercial purposes. kainis.

    yung sa akin naman. as in buong article ko sa peyups, copy and paste lahat maliban sa byline, hehe. pinagalitan ko at nag-lecture ng ilang rules sa copyright materials. ayun, nag-sorry naman at dinelete na yung entry sa blog niya. hay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home