Saturday, November 25, 2006

The joys of teaching


What else could be better than hearing your students say these things ...

"I enjoyed your lesson."
"I had fun today."
"I've learned so many things today."

And nothing could even beat my happiness to hear them utter these little compliments without having to ask them the question, "How was your class?" (note: another person usually asks the question, not me).

Sometimes, I also receive heartwarming salutations from my students like,

"I've been looking forward to this lesson."
"I always look forward to your lessons."

Isn't that great? Hearing such lovely expressions from those who depend on you for their language learning makes me feel warm and comfy inside, despite the brrrr-y cold weather.

It's true. There is joy in teaching, and this is something that I will treasure as part of my (rather short) life in Japan. ;)

http://www.websmileys.com/

1 Comments:

  • At 11/29/2006 02:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice to hear. compliments like that very well reflect the way you teach.

    i know you're a thorough person...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home