Monday, October 09, 2006

To go or not to go...


It's hard to decide, especially so when it concerns much dough in exchange for a little pleasure of visiting a place entirely new to you, and experiencing the thing you have long longed for. Typical Filipino attitude.

To go or not to go. Yeah, that's where we are now. We have to make a choice, and we are only given one day (and that's only a few hours away at the time of this writing) to think it over and decide. And once we have made our choice, there's no turning back...and no refund!

The offer is extremely good and superbly enticing (redundances are for emphasis), almost saying YES right away. But on the second thought (and third, fourth...nth), my whole self is somehow split and want to both say yes and no.

Okay, I'll make it clearer to you. And, maybe you could help us decide (if it's not yet too late). We are offered to spend a week during the holidays in Hokkaido, and then in Kansai area. Heaven knows how I've been wanting to go and see these places. PLUS, the fact that I'm gonna FINALLY ride the shinkansen. Another PLUS, we have a friend who is willing to accommodate us in his house during our stay in Hokkaido -- and be our tour guide, too! Strolling and going to places would not be a problem at all in the company of our good friend.

Now, here lies the little problem. Money. Dough. Hard-earned bread. For typical Japanese, this would not be a hard decision at all, for they love traveling, AND they really spend for it. But ours is a different case. We love to go, that's for sure, but the expected expenses are way beyond our budget. I am already computing for my earnings from now till December, and won't be enough still. How I wish heaven will open its door for me to have more job opportunities so it can add up to my earnings till December. ;)

So, the decision .... I'd really, really want to go, but...

I'll let you know tomorrow!

http://www.websmileys.com/

1 Comments:

  • At 10/10/2006 01:20:00 AM, Blogger TM tots said…

    I have a friend who once told me that we ought to enjoy life. She told me she wants to go and visit several places so she's on a running spree as I aptly put it.

    If I am in your shoe. I will go because things like this will never knock twice on our door. I'm sure the resources you will need will come. Just believe and ask rayts how she manages to go places with limited resources and yet she finds joy in every trip she takes. Nice stories and pics after every trip.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home