Sunday, August 27, 2006

Strange ...


I don't know if some things happen by coincidence, or is there some kinda unforeseen but felt energy that lingers in the air, which makes near-impossible things completely possible.

Did it ever happen to you? Did you happen to be thinking of something, and then suddenly, that something happened right before your very eyes -- at the very moment you were thinking about it?. Well, it happened to me. And it was scary, because I was thinking of something not good.

I was going out of the train station one day. I wasn't rushing, and most people were on their normal pace too. Nobody's running. So, while I was enjoying my time (this happens very rarely), I had the chance to observe the place that I frequent. I was looking at a banner ad in front of me while walking down the stairs. Then, suddenly I thought to myself, "What if I tripped off the stairs just because I wasn't paying particular attention to where I was walking at?" Then, at that very moment, a woman a few feet to my left, suddenly fell off the stairs and rolled down until she got to the first landing. Her son came rushing to her shouting, "Okasan, dijoubu desu ka?" (Mother, are you okay?) After a few seconds, I managed to get near her and asked the same question if she's all right. She said yes while gaining her composure back, and shaking some dirt off her pants. As they sailed away, I could hear her telling her son how scared she was while at that scariest trip down the stairs.

Little did the woman know that I was more than scared with what I had just witnessed. She had not the slightest idea about my dirty little secret. And it led me to think that it was my fault. It was I to blame, I guess. Had I not thought of that silly idea, she wouldn't have that fast trip down the stairs.

After that, I got scared of thinking anything out-of-this-world. My mind could go a long, long way, but I am just as frightened as the woman where my thinking would lead me. Either for better or worse.

Right now, I am not thinking of anything. ;)

http://www.websmileys.com/

2 Comments:

  • At 8/30/2006 10:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    that's just plain coincidence. think no more about it.

     
  • At 8/31/2006 05:21:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    thanks to my anonymous reader ... what if it happens many times, can you still call it a coincidence?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home