Friday, March 24, 2006

GANDAs


One time, out of curiousity, I made an internet search about my blogname GANDA, and try to see if it will appear in the list (if not on the top). To my surprise, it didn't, despite the more than a hundred thousand sites found by Google Search.

What is more surprising, though, is that the word GANDA has other meanings. Here are some important things I've discovered:

1. GANDA is a computer virus discovered sometime in 2003. Technically called W32.Ganda.A@mm, it is a mass-mailing worm which is believed to have originated in Sweden. The threat is low, so don't worry if you'll ever come across this virus. Read here for more info.

2. GANDA is the largest among the 43 majority ethnic groups in the country of Uganda. Ganda is interchangeably referred to the society and its language. The society is characterized by having a distinc kingdom called Buganda, the people living there are called Baganda (Muganda, singular), and their language is officially Luganda. Everything is ganda, isn't it? What more, this place is mainly agricultural where banana is the staple food, and owning a cattle is a sign of wealth. Click here and here, if you're interested to know more about this society. And oh, if you think you have a ganda ancestry, and want to know your ancestors, or even build your ganda family tree, this site will help you go through it.

3. Ganda Consultants, Ltd. is composed of consultants from New Zealand who boast of 35 years of experience in IT and investment property management More details about the company and the services offered here.

4. This is what I like most -- a Ganda Ham from Belgium. This salted ham is stored for 9 months starting on the winter season, and ripened at spring time. It is proud to contain only pork and sea salt, prepared without any artificial flavorings or colorings. It is ripened in the most natural and traditional process, thus making it not only tasty, but healthy as well. Visit Ganda Ham for some yummy recipes, too!

5. Lastly, I learned from an Indonesian guy (who is now in Japan) that ganda is a Bahasa word for "double." Coincidentally, my sign is gemini, which depicts duality. And I am known to be mabait yet mataray, malambing yet masungit, magastos yet kuripot. ;)

What else would surprise me? ;)

http://www.websmileys.com/

4 Comments:

  • At 3/24/2006 05:16:00 PM, Blogger TM tots said…

    And I am known to be mabait yet mataray, malambing yet masungit, magastos yet kuripot. ;)

    I dunno... things can be confusing at times when ur like that

     
  • At 3/24/2006 11:33:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    oh, TM, don't dwell so much on my conflicting/confusing traits. you know me more than these words could describe me.

     
  • At 3/27/2006 01:46:00 AM, Blogger starbender said…

    I liked the post, but was wondering, what was the meaning behind U calling U'r blog G.A.N.D.A.?
    :)

     
  • At 3/27/2006 01:45:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    hi starbender, those 5 letters are my initials. check this out for more... ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home