Saturday, January 28, 2006

My frustrations in life


Yep, I admit I have a fair share of frustrations in life. Wanna know what are these? Here's my list.

1. I am a frustrated ballroom dancer. I could only sway a few steps of swing, cha-cha or LA walk. I had a few chances of doing some ballroom dancing back in my LB days, but I'm not contended with that. I want to learn a few more steps to last me a whole round of dance song. I used to watch (on CATV) this ballroom dance competition, and I am just amazed at how those people make their woozy moves without getting dizzy.

2. I am a frustrated concert queen. I think only a few of my friends know that I can sing. And I sing well, modesty aside. But (there is a big BUT there), I also think that my talent has already gone with the wind. I still remember the usual joke we had with my friends before that if we don't use the talent given to us, it will be taken from us. I'm afraid this is 50% true.

I had a few singing stints (naks!) back in my college days, but that's just chicken for me. I want to perform on stage with a larger audience. Ya know, I am more inspired to sing when there's a group listening to (and appreciating) my performance. Everytime I see a good singer performing, I always feel a little pain in my heart because of this frustration. I would tell myself that someday, somehow, somewhere, I'd be given a chance to do the same.

3. I am a frustrated musician. I mean, playing some musical instruments. I learned how to tap the guitar but I could hardly play a song from a songbook. Ahh, it's still very vivid in my mind how I started playing the guitar. It takes me a minute or so before I could "orchestrate" my fingers for the next note. Funny coz my housemates singing with me felt hanging in the air until I got to the next one. These same housemates saw how I improved with my guitar lessons. Then, I graduated from college, and so my guitar lessons.

I also wanted to play the piano/keyboard. I have always envied those who can run their fingers through the keyboard, and make really good music. As of now, I could only play the "happy birthday" song. No chance for a lesson, and no keyboard to play on too. There are many good brands here in Japan, but for now, don't have enough beans to buy one for myself.

Keeping my fingers crossed, I do hope -- earnestly -- that one or two of these (if not all, which is too assuming) will soon be out of this list, hence, happy ending. ;)

http://www.websmileys.com/

7 Comments:

  • At 1/30/2006 02:06:00 PM, Blogger TM tots said…

    Well, as long as your alive and kicking there will always be that chance that you will realize these things.

    There are places you can actually go to to sing in front of a group of people. You just have to go and visit those places I guess

     
  • At 1/30/2006 02:17:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    san yang mga lugar na yan?

     
  • At 1/31/2006 11:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehe.. singer and dancer ka pala sis..... ako singer lang.. sa dance.. hawaiian lang.... not so sa ballet.. modern dance baka pwede pa but need more GRACE.... fulness..
    LEA

     
  • At 1/31/2006 11:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    am sleepy kaya am listening to loud music. medyo rock but ok yung acoustic sounds nya..
    LEA

     
  • At 1/31/2006 11:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    saw my cousin today.. kay mag-uusap kami later.. anyway how are you being a mom...?? ako fine. but BUNSO na si MARK>> ikaw pwede pa one more>>>>> bata ka pa naman.. LEA

     
  • At 1/31/2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    hi sis ... yep, dancer and singer ako, frustrated nga lang ;)

     
  • At 2/03/2006 03:23:00 PM, Blogger TM tots said…

    i know several places in the philippines.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home