Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Malungkot ang Pasko?


Bakit ganun?

We went home to the Philippines to celebrate Christmas with the family whom we haven't seen for quite a while -- and will NOT be seeing for the next couple of years. So, I thought, this will be a good time for more bonding and catching up. Christmas, for me, is the most important event of the year, and I always look forward to celebrating it with our families -- just like before.

But this year was a little different. On Christmas eve, we just ate some simple foods I prepared for noche buena, and then slept. My brod-in-law was with us that time just because we don't have company.

Come to think of it, this is my son's First Christmas, and he just slept all along.

Days had to pass before I could come to accept that Christmas 2005 went by just like that. Deep inside, I was telling myself, "Sana di na lang kami umuwi dito." Pangpalubag-loob ko na lang is that yes, we were alone last Christmas, but not sad -- coz at least, my hubby, son and I were together.

Next Christmas will be spent in Japan, away from our families. How will it be? Let's just wait and see.

http://www.websmileys.com/

2 Comments:

  • At 12/28/2005 05:58:00 PM, Blogger Yong said…

    hey bespren.look at the brighter side.iba pa rin ang pasko sa pinas.kahit pa ganon lang ang nangyari.k? c'mon, cheer up.

     
  • At 1/03/2006 10:51:00 AM, Blogger ning said…

    tenks bespren. masaya na ako ngayon kase masaya naman yung NY namin with the de asis family in cavite.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home