Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I want to spend NY in Pinas...


I feel sad right now coz we might not be able to welcome the New Year here in Pinas.

We went to the travel agency a few days ago and all days for the first week of January are fully booked. The earliest open is on the 3rd week, which is too late for us to return to Japan. Worse scenario is that we fly back on the 30th and spend the NY in Tokyo, leaving our dear home lonely and alone on the first day of the year.

My sadness stems from the fact that I really don't know what to expect or what kind of NY celebration we shall have in a foreign place. A friend of mine once told me that NY in Tokyo is not that noisy and jubilee as compared to what we used to do here in Pinas. So, my NY's resolution then is to overcome this sadness or this pessimist attitude. I guess what is more important is not where you celebrate but with whom you celebrate this event of the year.

With that, I guess I am already 50% done with my resolution. :)

http://www.websmileys.com/

4 Comments:

  • At 12/07/2005 05:46:00 PM, Blogger TM tots said…

    New Year in the Philippines is different from other countries because everyone stays up meeting the turn of the hour into the New Year.

    Here in Jakarta for instance there are only 3 points where people can go and enjoy the fireworks. I was told that New Year in this part of the world is just like any ordinary day.

    Having this in mind made me decide to go back to Manila for the Holidays. I guess things will never be the same without your family on your side during these occasion.

    I hope you will be there for New Year. But in case you have to fly back on the 30th, can i stay in your house sa New Year?

     
  • At 12/13/2005 09:37:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    tm tots: sure, no problem!

     
  • At 12/14/2005 12:30:00 PM, Blogger TM tots said…

    Hehehe your such a nice pal for allowing me to do that. Actually, I need to hibernate and think things over so being in your place will help me I guess.

    But really Ate, I would always choose the idea of having you guys around for the holidays. It's different... and I mean it in a good way.

     
  • At 12/15/2005 05:20:00 PM, Blogger ning said…

    tm tots:

    una sa lahat, ganda ng display pic mo ah ;)

    secondly, my heart until now is a bit sad with the thought that we are flying before NY. i am praying hard that things will change for the better, i mean to our favor. kahit jan 1st ok na sa akin, basta d2 kami sana ng eve. hay ...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home